HeatnBond EZ Print FeatherLite is a paper backed, iron-on, sewable, double-sided adhesive for bonding fabric without extra weight or stiffness. This lightweight formula is great for multi-layer pieces, landscape quilts, and wearables since it gets even softer after laundering. Use it in place of pinning or basting for appliqué shapes on quilts, wall hangings and attire. Print directly on the paper backing to easily design appliqué pieces!
- 8.5 inches x 11 inches (22 cm x 28 cm)
- 10 sheets per pack
- Heat activated permanent double-sided adhesive
- EZ to print
- EZ to trace
- EZ to sew through
- Solid sheet of adhesive on a paper backing
- For use on fabrics
- Doesn’t gum up needles
- Eliminates pinning!
- Proudly made in the USA
Pre-wash all materials (without fabric softener) you will be using prior to fusing. Pre-test adhesive on materials prior to fusing.
- Draw design directly on smooth side of sheet or use an inkjet printer to print your image. (Create a mirror image if printing letters or a directional design.)
- Let the ink dry about 5-10 seconds before touching.
- Cut out your design leaving a 1/4" border around the edge.
- Preheat iron to medium heat, no steam.
- Place adhesive on the backside of the fabric that you are bonding (paper liner/printed design facing up).
- Using firm pressure in a circular motion, iron the paper liner for 2 seconds. Repeat until entire surface is bonded.
- Once fabric is cool, cut out your design, remove paper liner and place on project with adhesive facing down.
- Cover with pressing paper. Using firm pressure in a circular motion, iron for 4-6 seconds on each section until entire piece is bonded.
- If fabric is thicker than cotton, iron the reverse side of your project for an additional 2 seconds to ensure your design is completely bonded.
- Hand or machine sew along the edges.
- Pre-wash all materials (without fabric softener) you will be using prior to fusing. Pre-test adhesive on materials prior to fusing.
- Do not touch iron directly to the adhesive sheet. Do not iron directly to your ironing board.
- Item must be sewn or otherwise attached before washing. Machine wash cold and dry on low heat or no heat (and in accordance to garment / fabric washing directions). Avoid repeated or excessive ironing to the area after fusing.
- EZ Sheets can be run thru an INKJET printer (NOT a laser jet or copy machine). Feed EZ Sheet into printer to print on the paper side, set printer to Draft or Transparency setting, allow to dry before touching. Run any lettering in mirror setting so they are the correct orientation when cut from the fabric.