HeatnBond Iron-On Vinyl is a flexible, water resistant coating that you iron onto the top of your fabrics to protect them. Use Iron-On Vinyl to make your own laminated fabrics and create placemats, tote bags, chair seat covers, aprons, children's art smocks and more! Please note: Iron-On Vinyl is not meant to be used as an adhesive. If you need an adhesive that can bind fabric together, please use HeatnBond Lite or UltraHold.
- 1 pack = 17 inches x 2 yards (43.2 cm x 1.83 m)
- MATTE Finish
- Sewable with regular or non-stick foot.
- Fusible only on one side
- For use on fabric or paper
- UV Resistant, Water Repellent material
- Paper liner is used to protect the vinyl during ironing.
- Phthalate Free & BPA-free
*Iron-On Vinyl is NOT meant to be used as an adhesive. If you need an adhesive that can bind fabric together, please use HeatnBond Lite or HeatnBond UltraHold.
- Pre-wash all materials without fabric softeners. Pretest adhesive on materials before starting project.
- Preheat iron to medium heat, no steam.
- Peel vinyl from protective paper. Place vinyl, sticky side down, onto top of material. Place protective paper that was just removed on top of vinyl.
- Press and hold iron on the protective paper for 8 seconds. Repeat until entire surface is laminated. Do not touch iron directly to vinyl!
- Flip project over. Press and hold iron on back of project for additional 4 seconds. Repeat until entire surface has been heated.
- Allow to cool before sewing or using project.
Note: HeatnBond Iron-On Vinyl is not certified food-safe for direct food contact. While HeatnBond Iron-On Vinyl is nontoxic and phthalate-free, any food items must first be placed in a food-safe wrap, bag or other covering before placing it inside an item covered with Iron-On Vinyl.
- Always use protective cover. DO NOT touch iron directly to vinyl on either side of project.
- For double-sided vinyl projects, adhere sticky side of vinyl to the remaining side of material and repeat steps 3-5
- Pre-wash all materials (without fabric softener) you will be using prior to fusing. Pre-test adhesive on materials prior to fusing.
Do not touch iron directly to the Vinyl. Always cover Vinyl with protective sheet or parchment paper before ironing. Do not iron directly to your ironing board.
- Wipe clean with damp cloth. If washing is a must, wash on gentle cycle and line dry. If any peeling or crinkling occurs, cover the vinyl with parchment paper and re-iron.
Proposition 65 Warning for California Consumers
Warning: Cancer -www.P65Warnings.ca.gov