SpraynBond Basting Adhesive is a temporary bond spray adhesive for fabric. Use it in your design phase for pattern piecing and determining appliqué placement. Great for holding templates onto fabric and assembling landscape quilts.
Use while sewing to eliminate pinning of appliqués and hoop marks. Perfect for holding stabilizers onto fabrics during embroidery or holding backing fabric to batting.
- Net weight 7.2 OZ (204g)
- Avoids hoop marks
- Avoids pinning
- May be repositioned
- Sewable; won't gum up needles
- Acid-free & solvent-free
- Please note: Due to the nature of this product, aerosols are subject to shipping restrictions and cannot ship outside of the contiguous (48) United States.
- Shake well before each use. (Ensure that your work surface and project are protected.)
- Hold can upright, 12 inches from back of fabric surface. Press nozzle and apply adhesive in a sweeping (side to side) motion to lightly and evenly coat surface, making sure to cover all edges.
- Wait 30 seconds then press sprayed item onto project while still tacky, repositioning as needed.
- Before storing, hold can upside down and press for a short burst to clear nozzle.
Directions for Quilting
- Spray the batting from center outward, place quilt back on the batting and smooth.
- Turnover and spray the other side of the batting, position the quilt top on the batting and smooth.
Directions for Embroidery
Method One: Place fabric on sprayed stabilizer, smooth and hoop
Method Two: Hoop stabilizer, spray Basting Adhesive on stabilizer, then place fabric or garment on the stabilizer. (This avoids hoop marks).
- A little goes a long way; remember to apply a light coating from 12 inches away.
- When spraying on or near project, protect your project and workspace from any over-spray.
- Clean off work surface with soap and water, but please note that heavier applications may be difficult to remove from some surfaces.